Wednesday, May 28, 2014

DB blogger in residence

I have been a poster girl for Deutsche Bundesbahn for over 30 years now. Any one who has read this blog knows I am a long time fan of the Deutsche Bundesbahn (DB for short). It is a running joke in my family, my unerring loyalty to the German train company, but they also joke about how I posses good DB karma.

When it comes to the DB, my belief in its greatness has been reinforced a thousand times.
My son sent me this article about how Amarak in the States is now installing writers in residence in their trains. Isn't that the most brilliant idea!

I came up with an idea of becoming DB blogger in residence. I could write posts about traveling around Germany in trains. I could entertain foreign travelers with stories of places I visit, people I meet along the way.

I  could describe the different types of trains that run north to south and east to west; from the super sonic to the meandering milk runs. Then there are the cultural intricacies such as: why Germans pack a lunch whenever they take the train: football, rowdies and police crowd control with the DB: bilingual announcements during train trips: Oktoberfest and funny looking passengers...  The list goes on and on.

Now all I have to do is figure out how to make this dream job come true!
Suggestions appreciated...

No comments:

Post a Comment